Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help with .nomedia file viewing!

Alright, so I've tried my darnedest to figure out how to open files that have been "encrypted" by the .nomedia file implementation. Don't hate me, but.. I've been on team iPhone for a long time and my mind is officially blown after spending the good part of a day downloading apps like NoMedia, file managers like Astro, and poring over countless forums trying to magically open these darrrrrrn files. I've gotten nowhere. Ok team Android, you awesome collection of software and operating system elitists, I need some insight. Thank you!!!

Default Re: Please help with .nomedia file viewing!

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not familiar with an app called NoMedia, but if a folder has been hidden from the Media Scanner by the addition of a .nomedia file, you should be able to delete that .nomedia file to stop hiding the folder. Use any file manager app to delete the file. If the media files don't immediately show up in your Gallery or other media apps, then reboot the phone.