Water damage help!

Chanelle Mundy

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Samsung galaxy S3 in chroline water. I tried to turn it back on BEFORE it was completely dried, and it came on for bit, then glitched back off. After that I put it in rice for a day. Then I dried to alcohol method to get rid of the chroline trapped in it. Then it went in rice for another day. Now, when I turn it on the sounds work, it registers my touch and the led light works . But the screen remains black. Is there anything I can do?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Samsung galaxy S3 in chroline water. I tried to turn it back on BEFORE it was completely dried, and it came on for bit, then glitched back off. After that I put it in rice for a day. Then I dried to alcohol method to get rid of the chroline trapped in it. Then it went in rice for another day. Now, when I turn it on the sounds work, it registers my touch and the led light works . But the screen remains black. Is there anything I can do?

By turning it on BEFORE it was completely dry you more than likely shorted it. There isn't much you can do. I know Radio Shack repair smartphones. You can take it there and see what they tell you. More than likely though your phone is permanently broke. Definitely take it to Radio Shack or look up a smartphone repair place and see what they tell you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc