Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation S3 won't turn on

After 3 days of working non-stop on fixing my unwarranted galaxy s3 (sgh-1747), I now seek your help. I have researched for hours and hours and have tried many different fixes, and still no luck.

So here is my problem:

I was watching a world cup match with the s3, fell asleep, and woke up to a completely dead phone. I will not turn on whatsoever. I have tried smashing the power button, I have tried a different battery (my own battery worked on a different s3), I removed battery for short and long periods of time and then tried to charge the phone and still no luck. I had my phone inside a small bag of rice to drain whatever moister it may have and I still cannot turn it on regardless of the combination of buttons that I pushed.

I don't know what the issue. I thought it was the eMMC but one unusual thing that happens is that if I connect the phone to the charger without the battery, the red LED turns on. Why that happens, I have no clue. If I try to pop the battery back in in hopes of having the LED red light stay on, it disappears.

Any suggestions or advice as to what might be responsible for my supreme frustration, I welcome it.

Thank you

Default Re: S3 won't turn on

When you woke up to a dead phone, was it, so far as you know, because the battery had fully discharged, or was the phone dead because of some presumed fault in the phone itself?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S3 won't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    When you woke up to a dead phone, was it, so far as you know, because the battery had fully discharged, or was the phone dead because of some presumed fault in the phone itself?

Posted via Android Central App
    As far as I know, battery had around 60% last I remember and it wasn't charging. I think the problem is the phone itself, but as of right now, I have no clue what the issue at all.

The only sign of life I get from it is when I charge it without a battery, the red LED light turns on.