Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Samsung Galaxy S4 - Screen locks always immediately after automatically turning off

Hi there,
    Since I updated my S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat last week I had to notice a pretty annoying behavior of my phone:
    Even though the screen is set to lock automatically after 10min (others as well), the screen always locks immediately after automatically turning off.
    Meaning that I always need to redraw the unlock pattern over and over again after the screen turned off just for a short moment.
    Before the update it worked just fine. I rebooted and whiped the cache without any success in this regard.

Am I missing something? Do you have a hint?
    Thanks and regards, Jan (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Screen locks always immediately after automatically turning off

Was it an OTA or manual update?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Screen locks always immediately after automatically turning off

It was an OTA update after I was notified about it. Thanks.

Excuse me if I have failed to understand, but have you tried wiping your lock screen settings and then setting them up again?

Posted via Android Central App

Well I did just whipe my cache partition in recovery mode (as some recommendet to do so facing other lock screen problems with 4.4.2). Not a full factory reset.
    I've changed the auto lock screen to immediately (what it actually does) and than back to any delay time again without encountering any difference.