Lost My Nexus 4. HELP!

Jim Prong

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
OK its not the end of the world but my Nexus 4 has been lost/stolen.

I had no security apps on it so I'm wondering if it can be traced via the IMEI number? I've looked for it on the Google Android Device Manager site, but its not shown up there since I lost it on Friday the 13th.

Whatever happens I will make sure that I've got some security site on my replacement. What would you advise as the best stuff to keep it safe?

Thanks in anticipation.

JP

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Lookout Premium since it comes with my T-Mobile subscription. One neat function is that if someone steals my phone and tries to unlock it too many times, it'll take a picture with the front-facing camera and send me their photo and location :)

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
OK its not the end of the world but my Nexus 4 has been lost/stolen.

I had no security apps on it so I'm wondering if it can be traced via the IMEI number? I've looked for it on the Google Android Device Manager site, but its not shown up there since I lost it on Friday the 13th.

Whatever happens I will make sure that I've got some security site on my replacement. What would you advise as the best stuff to keep it safe?

Thanks in anticipation.

JP

Lookout Premium is nice, as VDub said, but it is also rather expensive compared to what some other apps offer.

You should take a look at Avast Anti-virus. It has many useful Anti-Theft features, and it is free. It does have a premium version, but it is half the price of Lookout Premium.

Jim Prong

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.

Lookout Premium is nice, as VDub said, but it is also rather expensive compared to what some other apps offer.

You should take a look at Avast Anti-virus. It has many useful Anti-Theft features, and it is free. It does have a premium version, but it is half the price of Lookout Premium.

I did have Avast on it. Still need to know if it can be traced by IMEI though?

Jim Prong

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Give ........(wont let me post your link)........ article a read. It has some very useful information.

You can't trace a device through the IMEI, but you can report it lost or stolen.

OK Thank you. I've reported the loss to the local police and have a "Lost Property Reference". I'm using an old HTC Sensation at the moment which is a hand me down. I've ordered a replacement, which is due to be released in the UK next Monday, and I'll make sure that one is protected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty