Galaxy S4 Active - Won't Charge and Killing Batteries

Miranda Freeman

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy S4 active for only about 3 months. I was using my phone on Friday when I noticed the battery getting low. I plugged the phone in to charge and came back a few hours later to get it and it was completely dead. I put it back on charge all night and the phone will not charge at all. I tried numerous different plugs, different extensions, and even took the battery out and tried to restart the whole thing....nothing worked. The weird part is that I put an older battery in the active to see if it was the port or the battery. The battery was at about 50%. As soon as I put it in, it zapped the battery down to approx. 10% and kept draining it. I plugged it in and the battery showed to be charging but never did. Within 5 minutes that battery was dead too and wouldn't charge. I put it in another galaxy phone I have to see if I could get it to charge and now that battery won't take a charge either....WEIRD....Any ideas? I have a new one coming in, but I am needing to try and get a backup done before i send it off. I am just wondering what would be causing this/??? Any help would be appreciated. If it is something I caused I want to avoid it with the new phone! :-\

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy S4 active for only about 3 months. I was using my phone on Friday when I noticed the battery getting low. I plugged the phone in to charge and came back a few hours later to get it and it was completely dead. I put it back on charge all night and the phone will not charge at all. I tried numerous different plugs, different extensions, and even took the battery out and tried to restart the whole thing....nothing worked. The weird part is that I put an older battery in the active to see if it was the port or the battery. The battery was at about 50%. As soon as I put it in, it zapped the battery down to approx. 10% and kept draining it. I plugged it in and the battery showed to be charging but never did. Within 5 minutes that battery was dead too and wouldn't charge. I put it in another galaxy phone I have to see if I could get it to charge and now that battery won't take a charge either....WEIRD....Any ideas? I have a new one coming in, but I am needing to try and get a backup done before i send it off. I am just wondering what would be causing this/??? Any help would be appreciated. If it is something I caused I want to avoid it with the new phone! :-\

Welcome to the forums.
Honestly, I have no idea what could be causing the excessive drain. The only thing I can think of is something is overworking and causing it, but even then that is a guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20