Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation galaxy s5 alarm does not go off when the phone is powered off.

can this be fixed? i do not keep the phone on as i don't want to be called in the dead of the night or getting blips and remeinders. in blackberry the alarm ios never off.
    also i cannot put an alamr asociated with a outlook date the laram spans only one week..
    i need to be able to put an alarm for any date in the calender so i am sure i remember to do whatever i ahve to do. a normal blip is not enough for improtant things. also available on blackberry. what is wrong with these new phones all apps and not basics?
    giovanni

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: galaxy s5 alarm does not go off when the phone is powered off.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    can this be fixed? i do not keep the phone on as i don't want to be called in the dead of the night or getting blips and remeinders. in blackberry the alarm ios never off.
    also i cannot put an alamr asociated with a outlook date the laram spans only one week..
    i need to be able to put an alarm for any date in the calender so i am sure i remember to do whatever i ahve to do. a normal blip is not enough for improtant things. also available on blackberry. what is wrong with these new phones all apps and not basics?
    giovanni
    I don't think the alarm will go off if the device is not turned on. For setting silent hours, take a look at the many Apps in the Play Store, search for Silence Hours or Quiet Times.

Most of those Apps will also let you set what is silenced and allow you to filter out ones you don't want silenced. For example, you can silence all calls and text messages except those coming from immediate family. For the alarms, you may need to look for a third-party app as well to set a re-occurring alarm that is associated with a particular date or time.

Let us know if you have further questions.