Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What tablet should I get?

Hi guys, this is my first post on this site . I currently have an iPad mini (non-retina) 16GB. It's a great tablet but I just find iOS really boring. I'm thinking of selling this and purchasing an android tablet. It'll probably sell for around £150 and I'd be willing to put in another £100 for a new tablet, making my budget £250. Personally, for me a 10.1" tablet is too big and some 7" tablets are a little small so the ideal size I'm looking for is around 8/9". I've been looking into the LG G Pad 8.3 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, which has great specs on paper. Both these tablets have manufacturer skins on them, which to me are not too appealing, so I'd have to flash a stock rom onto them. Are there any other tablets below the £250 price line that are worth considering? What do you recommend?

Default Re: What tablet should I get?

Nexus 7 (2013). You won't regret it. I thought it was too small before I got it, but once I did, I loved the size even more than my Nexus 10.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Default Re: What tablet should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBateman View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post on this site . I currently have an iPad mini (non-retina) 16GB. It's a great tablet but I just find iOS really boring. I'm thinking of selling this and purchasing an android tablet. It'll probably sell for around £150 and I'd be willing to put in another £100 for a new tablet, making my budget £250. Personally, for me a 10.1" tablet is too big and some 7" tablets are a little small so the ideal size I'm looking for is around 8/9". I've been looking into the LG G Pad 8.3 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, which has great specs on paper. Both these tablets have manufacturer skins on them, which to me are not too appealing, so I'd have to flash a stock rom onto them. Are there any other tablets below the £250 price line that are worth considering? What do you recommend?
    The G Pad is a nice tablet. Its does have the LG UI, but it's really not that bad; better than TouchWiz, for sure.

The Nexus 7 is also nice. Cheap these days, but with good specs and performance. It may only be 7", but that is a great size. It has Vanilla Android, so no OEM skin, and you get prompt software updates from Google.