Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Rooted Note 3 Troubles

Ok, so please take it easy on a noobie here. I've learned a lot in the last 48 hours but am still stumped on how to get past my problem.

Here is what I did....

I rooted the phone using towelroot which worked fine. Then I installed the SuperSu app which seemed to work fine but then kept asking me to update binaries and then failed everytime. I installed Titanium Backup, and backed up everything on the phone. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the SuperSu app a few times to see if I could get the binaries update to install. I was successfull on a few occasions, and then it would revert back to asking to update and failing again. I searched forum after forum for this, and couldn't figure out how to get past this. I found a forum that suggested to unlock the bootlauncher and so I tried doing that. Ended up tripping Knox because of that. Now, when i try to enter Recovery, I get the "Unapproved software installed contact verizon" message with a big yellow triangle. Figured out how to get past that and reboot the phone. Tried to install Safestrap, was able to install but couldnt launch to recovery using that. So now i am stuck and don't know what to do. I thought about restoring the original ROM back to factory but then saw a warning about bricking the phone because you can't revert back to a prior version. So I was afraid to try that. So I have no idea what to do now. As far as Im concerned I would just like to get back to a useable state. I don't really care if the warranty is void. I just want a working phone at this point and then try learning a little more before getting brave again. Any help please respond as soon as possible. Thanks.

Global Posts
    22,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Rooted Note 3 Troubles

Most of the time, SuperSU needs a custom recovery to finish installing the binaries. Do you have one installed?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here