Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    thanosar

Default problem to update Google play services

I can't update Google play services. The error says can't install to the default location. I have space. Sorry for my English.

Default Re: problem to update Google play services

Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Is Google Play Services trying to update over the air automatically, or are you trying to install it manually? Are you rooted?

I cant update google play service. plz help!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Tibesigwa View Post
    I cant update google play service. plz help!
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you please answer the same questions I posed to the original poster?

I have a Kyocera and it wont let me update the google services. I also put is a new memory stick.

This looks interesting, or may be to some:

http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-ins...curity-patches

Posted via Android Central App

I am using a Kyocera Event phone running Android 4.0.4. Also experiencing the same issue: the phone would always receive numerous prompts daily to update Google Play Services. Upon doing so, however, the updates would fail, with prompts saying: "Not enough space for apps" or something to that effect.

Global Posts
    13,977 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

You need enough internal storage space to download the file, then apply the update. Most phones these days need close to 1GB free just for the system, and won't download or update if that would mean writing to the system area. (Your phone may require only 400MB-500MB free - but remember, you have only 1.2GB available when you get the phone. Android sits in the rest.) A phone with 1.2GB free storage to start is tripping on its whiskers with modern apps (that, because people who don't know how to write code are releasing apps, keep getting larger).

Global Posts
    13,977 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    WOW!

"This means you'll be getting the latest virus definitions, malware protection and security patches every six weeks." Really? That's great - for virus writers. My antivirus program sometimes updates 4 or 5 times A DAY. Updating every couple of weeks means that your protection programs are just wasting resources. (It's the best Google can do, but that doesn't mean that it's the right way to do it.) Someone writes a virus that can steal your passwords. You run the phone with that virus running, sending your passwords to its server, for 6 weeks. Then you get an update that wipes the virus out? Just pile all your money on your lawn - it's a lot safer.

^^^I'm sorry Ruks I guess I was just trying to answer the OP's question, without being aware of any dangers involved. Perhaps you would be so kind as to request the Moderators to remove the link, if you see fit. I will not do so myself because it would mean removing also the quoted part of your post, which I should not presume to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,977 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Nah, if they read the link they'll probably read my comment, and they can do as they please. (I was in Best Buy yesterday [aren't I brave?] and while waiting to be helped I struck up about 20 conversations. Three people in the store [of those I spoke to], including me and one of the more knowledgeable sales associates, had our phones backed up. Of the other 17, most hadn't ever heard of backing phones up.) I let people do what they want, unless I think it'll result in an amputation or death. You want your phone full of viruses? Fine with me, it's not my phone.
    Thanked by: