- 4 Posts
will a factory reset delete root permissions?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 from at&t i think is the US version, when i got it, came rooted so i read that there is an update my phone has Android 4.1.2 and when i search for updates it said that the phone is updated. But of course is not so i saw that i have the app SuperUser and i want to knoe if doing a factory reste will delete the root and perhaps after the reset i could update finally to kit kat 4.4 beacuse i read that came an update for samsung galaxy s3 us version. Can anyone tell me if this would work?
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-24-2014, 07:50 PM #2
re: will a factory reset delete root permissions?
If you do a factory reset it won't unroot it. But if you do the OTA update, that will unroot it. But I am not sure if a rooted device can receive the stock factory OS.
Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.Oditius (Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.
But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 11:37 PM
- By gflat65 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 01:01 AM
- By DarkJedi3000 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 03:02 AM
- By DevSteven in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:49 PM
- By flynlw in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2014, 03:43 PM