Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SG3 went dim after dropped in water

Hello. I dropped my phone in the toilet. The case was on, so water on the outside was minimal. Took the back off and wiped off what water I saw and all was good. Several hours later my phone went dim, everything looks significantly darker than what it was before. Everything still works on the phone except for the dimmer screen. Is there any way to fix this without getting a new phone? I just had my phone replaced a week ago due to a bad port and now this happens. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Katie
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,995 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: SG3 went dim after dropped in water

Try a screen adjust app in the play store. If the brightness is set to auto, and the sensor got wet, it may be registering as if it was in a dark room, hence the dim screen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I just tried a couple of them and it is only making my phone as bright as it will go as if I didn't even have the app. I think im doomed. Also, the screem almost has a slight dark bluish hue to it. I hope I don't have to replace it again. Thanks again.

Got could try putting it in some dry rice over night. Pull the backing and the battery and toss them all in and see if it draws out any remaining moisture. Might get lucky and it will work better tomorrow

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Johnly likes this.