Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    NotAsTechSavvyAsIThought

Default I'm slowly going insane.

This infernal contraption of a phone is making me want to knock down the walls using my forehead. So, I recently changed the password on my Google account (for which I use a hotmail.co.uk service). Then, **** hit the fan.

My Google account wouldn't let me enter the Play Store for some reason unbeknownst to man, something about authentication. I then logged in again with the new password and everything was fine. After failing to add my secondary gmail.com account to my device, I thought removing my current Google according would help (in some way). It did not. Now I can't 're-add my previous Google due this backwards system. Every time I try to open GMail, Play Store, and Google+, the app opens for a millisecond then closes. So I'm stuck, I can't enter the Play Store because I can't add a Google account anymore. I tried adding another through the Settings and it doesn't register that I want to add one. So, anyone, please help me before you see me on the news in a tragic story about a boy who was indirectly killed by his phone.

Much appreciated, Tee.

Default Re: I'm slowly going insane.

Have you tried a factory reset and then start over from scratch?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Johnly likes this.

Did you ever at one time enable Two Step Verification or App Specific Passwords? They would cause problems if you forget you set them up and are not following through on the authentication.

Google has recently tightened up their verification systems.

If you haven't enabled those settings they may actually help resolve this for you. Use your personal computer to set up the system, then follow through on your phone. Google just wants to authenticate you are the only one accessing all the myriad facets of your Google account.

Google 2-Step Verification
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

Thank you for swift replies.

@Paul627g; I saw that was what someone else was recommended to do on another forum but I'm trying to refrain from doing so as much as I can. However if nothing else works, I'll have no choice.

@RumoredNow; No, I did not try those in fear of digging myself a bigger hole. I'll try those and report back to you.

Update: Tried the 2-step verification to no avail. I guess I'll backup everything and try a factory reset.
    Thanked by: