Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Additional Question About Nova Launcher

I am taking the suggestion to use Nova Launcher to help my Note II run a bit faster, however I like the UI of TouchWiz and want to keep the overall look. In NL, I looked but didn't see the option to make my homescreen exactly like it is in TouchWiz...basically I want everything the same -live photo mosaic picture wallpaper from pictures library, homescreens, everything the same that I had in TW...with the exception of a few icons. Is this possible with NL?

Global Posts
    19,752 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Additional Question About Nova Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I am taking the suggestion to use Nova Launcher to help my Note II run a bit faster, however I like the UI of TouchWiz and want to keep the overall look. In NL, I looked but didn't see the option to make my homescreen exactly like it is in TouchWiz...basically I want everything the same -live photo mosaic picture wallpaper from pictures library, homescreens, everything the same that I had in TW...with the exception of a few icons. Is this possible with NL?
    The icons will look the same. However, there may be some widgets that only work with the Samsung launcher. I know that sounds kind of dumb, but when I had my S3, and found out the hard way that the Accuweather widget no longer worked, I realized I had a choice: Use a launcher that I had little control over the launcher and keep a widget, or, I could forego the widget, and gain much more control over my launcher. I chose to keep Nova and look for a replacement. Since then I have tried many different weather apps, and have settled on 1Weather, which I really like over Accuweather.

I say try Nova for 1 week. Give it a chance, and allow yourself to have a slightly different set up. The worst that happens is you get rid of Nova (TW will not lose anything while you use Nova). Who knows, you might find something slightly different that works a little better.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Paul627g likes this.

Default Re: Additional Question About Nova Launcher

+1 on Golfdriver97 suggestion

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.