Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Why no OS on my Galaxy s3?

please help!!! I accidently cracked the screen on my device. It would still work and all was ok. Then over a wks time it went from ok to not working unless it was plugged in, to not even getting to the lock screen to now it won't even get to the at&t logo... My guy at the computer repair store said it had no operating system... My question is who do I send it to?Why did this happen , and can i install a OS myself?

Default Re: Why no OS on my Galaxy s3?

If you have carrier or store warranty then you could use that. Otherwise your at the mercy of paying a higher out of pocket expense to have the screen repaired and get it working properly.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Why no OS on my Galaxy s3?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    please help!!! I accidently cracked the screen on my device. It would still work and all was ok. Then over a wks time it went from ok to not working unless it was plugged in, to not even getting to the lock screen to now it won't even get to the at&t logo... My guy at the computer repair store said it had no operating system... My question is who do I send it to?Why did this happen , and can i install a OS myself?
    I find it hard to believe the OS just "disappeared" from a cracked screen and it had been working previously.

Most likely there is additional damage including disconnected or severed ribbon cables that occurred after the initial damage. Perhaps from the continued pressing on a damaged screen.

Like Paul said, seek out qualified phone repair either under warranty or out-of-pocket. I'm sure your OS and your files are still in there, you just can't get to them.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S