Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default More sd card help. ..

Okay so this is the second time I've come here with this, the first time however I don't believe I was specific enough. Okay so I switched over from the iPhone to the Galaxy S5 just to freshen things up. This is my first Droid since the Droid X.

My carrier is t-mobile.

My sd card is a Samsung 64 gb group 10 card.

The Web browser that I use to download the media I speak about below is called flash fox.

My issues are with the sd card, at first my only problem was moving to downloaded videos over to the SD card I was losing the ability to watch them. These videos were downloaded legally from a membership accessed website of adult content. Some people seemed to believe that I didn't have the proper media player to play the videos but each and every one played fine while in device memory, while once transferred only the first 20 or so played the rest lost that function. At first I believed that it may have been caused by moving such a large amount over at one time, but I've tried to move some over individually which worked at first but later also lost the ability to watch them. I know many here may have negative reactions to the content but this is a serious question so I'm hoping for serious answers...

Also today I had a replacement phone exchange arrive due to my front cameras o-ring falling out of place so I moved all my pictures to my sd card in hopes of keeping them, but once I moved the sd card to my new phone any pictures that were downloaded from an email, these were pictures of my girlfriend and I, we're also not able to be viewed, well all except one.

So could someone please walk me through a suggestion to fix this problem. I would be extremely greatful to you. Maybe there's away I can download the media straight to the sd card, I've tried to look through settings but can't seem to find anything.

Global Posts
    6,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: More sd card help. ..

I'm not sure where the problem is, but here are some suggestions.

Try downloading from a computer and playing the videos on the phone to see if that works.

There's also the chance of one or more of the files are infected with malware.

Sometimes a codec is needed to play certain videos.

Check VLC for Android or MX Player in the Play Store to see if they work with your videos.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!