Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Boot animation freezing and restarting, can't get past it

Hi, I recently installed CM 11 through the installer, which worked perfectly.

Although, I tried to install a custom boot animation using ROM Toolkit, but whenever I turn on my phone the boot animation freezes every few seconds, then the animation it self restarts.

I can't transfer files from my phone to my computer or vice versa, don't know why.
    I have CWM installed, and my device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Boot animation freezing and restarting, can't get past it

Can the CM installer still connect?

Is there an option to retry installing the custom boot animation or reseting to the stock CM animation? Obviously that file is damaged (boot animation).
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed

Yes, CM installed can connect, but I'm greeted with this message:
    http://i.imgur.com/oAlfhvq.png

Okay, so after around 10 minutes of the animation restarting... The phone restarted into recovery mode, and CM Installer displayed this: http://i.imgur.com/Z1EGDw3.png.

Is there any way I could save some files before I re-install CM 11?

Usually if you just reinstall and not making any wipe,you will still with the apps and data... At least I've done quite a few times,although I had some problems with apps after...but if you can manage to reinstall it,better backup your files after...