Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android no service

I have a htc i use with no service but for internet and games when i have wifi. but is there any apps or a way i can track my phone if its lost it even with no data service and no wifi.

Default Re: android no service

Not so far as I know. It needs a ping off of something to locate. GPS, cell data, WiFi... Something.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by myownboss View Post
    I have a htc i use with no service but for internet and games when i have wifi. but is there any apps or a way i can track my phone if its lost it even with no data service and no wifi.
    Hi there.

It needs to have an internet connection in order to be tracked. Otherwise, it has no way of sending out its location.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh ok what about is there a way to put a tracking app or something to a sd card that is in a phone with service without installing on the actual phone

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by myownboss View Post
    Oh ok what about is there a way to put a tracking app or something to a sd card that is in a phone with service without installing on the actual phone
    Not that I know of.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!