Galaxy S4 Power Problem?

A

AC Question

My lock button was having some problems such as when I clicked it it wouldn't do anything or it would glitch and hold down, so I restarted my phone now nothing is happening, I can't get anything on the screen to work at all
I've tried removing and replacing the battery and the SD card.
I've tried holding Power + Vol Up + Home with no luck.
I've tried plugging into power outlet as well as USB to PC, with no luck.
No lights, black screen, no vibration.
No previous battery issues.
Anything else to try? Or do I need to make a trip to Verizon?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My lock button was having some problems such as when I clicked it it wouldn't do anything or it would glitch and hold down, so I restarted my phone now nothing is happening, I can't get anything on the screen to work at all
I've tried removing and replacing the battery and the SD card.
I've tried holding Power + Vol Up + Home with no luck.
I've tried plugging into power outlet as well as USB to PC, with no luck.
No lights, black screen, no vibration.
No previous battery issues.
Anything else to try? Or do I need to make a trip to Verizon?
Hello!

Are you sure the power button is not stuck? Was the phone rooted or modded in anyway?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Spacebar Backspace

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The phone is rooted, but it has been since the day I got it. I doubt it's the problem. would it still be covered under warranty? Lock button might be stuck as it was having issues, but now the phone doesn't boot

--------------EDIT
I just banged my lock button on my wrist really hard then it booted up, now I can't lock it because when I click the button it opens the power off menu. So how would I go about fixing my lock button?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The phone is rooted, but it has been since the day I got it. I doubt it's the problem. would it still be covered under warranty? Lock button might be stuck as it was having issues, but now the phone doesn't boot

--------------EDIT
I just banged my lock button on my wrist really hard then it booted up, now I can't lock it because when I click the button it opens the power off menu. So how would I go about fixing my lock button?

If you rooted the phone, you automatically voided the warranty. Does the menu come up immediately when you press the button?

Spacebar Backspace

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The phone turns on now, it works perfectly fine no cracks/scratches. Now the button is just glitchy sometimes. It will sometimes hold down, sometimes work for a few hours, sometimes not do anything. That's why my phone wouldn't turn on

---- Edit

Also according to "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act title 50 of United States code chapter 50 section 2304 C waiver of standards" as long as the root didn't break my phone or they can't prove it then they have to give me a product. I just found that out today

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae