Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Behind the times but catching up :)

I currently have a 4 year old phone, android 2.2 Finally looking to upgrade, and from a functionality of the phone perspective I can go either route...so want to know what is a better operating system - android v 4.4(kit kat) or android v4.2 jellybean

I do have a Samsung III tablet that I want to be able to sync with this new phone, so all apps, photos etc. are the same on both devices.

Thanks!!

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts

Default Re: Behind the times but catching up :)

4.4 is the updated version of 4.2....you're better off going with the newest version of the OS as you'll be more likely to receive the NEXT update that comes around (likely to be announced today)

Global Posts
    31,633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I currently have a 4 year old phone, android 2.2 Finally looking to upgrade, and from a functionality of the phone perspective I can go either route...so want to know what is a better operating system - android v 4.4(kit kat) or android v4.2 jellybean

I do have a Samsung III tablet that I want to be able to sync with this new phone, so all apps, photos etc. are the same on both devices.

Thanks!!
    Welcome to the forums.
    As long as you use the same gmail on both devices, the apps should be similar. The only thing I would suggest is have an idea which games you would like on which device. Sometimes, having the same game on both can get confusing and frustrating as each device would have to sync and get caught up from the other devices use.

Otherwise, productivity apps and such will be no problem.

Have you already decided on a device?

My current (old) phone is a motorola xprt. I'm looking at either the Samsung galaxy or Moto X.
    I really just use the basics...gps, contact list (that I import from ACT via deja office/companion link), a few apps, take photos, don't play games, don't watch videos,

Global Posts
    31,633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by newbie cannewbie View Post
    My current (old) phone is a motorola xprt. I'm looking at either the Samsung galaxy or Moto X.
    I really just use the basics...gps, contact list (that I import from ACT via deja office/companion link), a few apps, take photos, don't play games, don't watch videos,
    I would say go for the X.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

But wait...

Consider a Nexus 5. You only use the basics. Why put a skin on top if you don't need one? (Samsung TouchWiz or Motorola MotoBlur No Longer Named.)

A nexus will get custom ROMS and Official Android versions faster than anything else. Or, if you don't want a Nexus, get a Google Edition device.

https://play.google.com/store/devices