Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default can't find the text mssg my phone says I have

I see a new text notification but when I go into my messages, there is no new text. Also I have sent my son (on my plan with me) 14 text messages and only one has shown up in his messaging and same scenario - shows he has new messages but they are not there in messaging.

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: can't find the text mssg my phone says I have

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I see a new text notification but when I go into my messages, there is no new text. Also I have sent my son (on my plan with me) 14 text messages and only one has shown up in his messaging and same scenario - shows he has new messages but they are not there in messaging.
    When you receive a notification can you pull down the notification tray and see the actual text message as a preview? It should display. That will at least let us know if you are receiving the messages.

Also, what phone and carrier do you have? You can try going in to system settings > applications > all (sort by all) then open the messaging application. Open it and clear the cache.

Let us know what phone and carrier you have and we'll try to provide more specific help.

I have at Droid Razr Maxx and am on Verizon. I got the phone last night and gave my Razr M to my son. The new txt notification is not at the top on the notification tray - I see it on the Messaging icon on my home screen
    Also when I go in to clear the cache on my messaging app - it does nothing. I have tapped "clear cache" multiple times and nada. Highlights when I touch it but goes no where

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note5 through T-Mobile. Yesterday it shows that I have a text message, but I can't find this message. I even deleted every conversation I had & it is still showing that I have a text message. Can you help me , please? Thank you, in advance!

How can I fix my phone.... It saying I have a new text but when I go into my texting there is noting new in there