can't find the text mssg my phone says I have

A

AC Question

I see a new text notification but when I go into my messages, there is no new text. Also I have sent my son (on my plan with me) 14 text messages and only one has shown up in his messaging and same scenario - shows he has new messages but they are not there in messaging.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I see a new text notification but when I go into my messages, there is no new text. Also I have sent my son (on my plan with me) 14 text messages and only one has shown up in his messaging and same scenario - shows he has new messages but they are not there in messaging.
When you receive a notification can you pull down the notification tray and see the actual text message as a preview? It should display. That will at least let us know if you are receiving the messages.

Also, what phone and carrier do you have? You can try going in to system settings > applications > all (sort by all) then open the messaging application. Open it and clear the cache.

Let us know what phone and carrier you have and we'll try to provide more specific help.

lmw1971

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have at Droid Razr Maxx and am on Verizon. I got the phone last night and gave my Razr M to my son. The new txt notification is not at the top on the notification tray - I see it on the Messaging icon on my home screen
Also when I go in to clear the cache on my messaging app - it does nothing. I have tapped "clear cache" multiple times and nada. Highlights when I touch it but goes no where

MrsParker1205

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note5 through T-Mobile. Yesterday it shows that I have a text message, but I can't find this message. I even deleted every conversation I had & it is still showing that I have a text message. Can you help me , please? Thank you, in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol