Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Web Albums

I have had the S4 for almost a year. I used to be able to see and use my google web album pics from the gallery.

Now I can only pic pictures that are on my phones 'Camera Roll".

Thanks for any thoughts.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Web Albums

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Gallery or the Photos app? Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Photos (distinct from Google+ Photos) and/or Picasa are checked (it might vary depending on the phone). Google Photos syncs with stock Gallery, while Google+ Photos syncs with Photos. But the albums are the same in the cloud.

I believe I am using the stock gallery because I can't find any APP called google photos. Actually I can't find an APP called Google Photos in the Play Store either. Sorry if I don't make sense, still wrapping my head around this smart phone thing.....

Thanks for any additional info you may be able to provide.

The stock Gallery is typically just called Gallery. The app called "Photos" has an icon that looks like a pinwheel, and is part of Google+--it isn't its own app, so you won't find an app called Google Photos in the Play Store. If you have Google+ installed, you have Photos as well.