- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
System UI and Android process crashing
I posted this earlier as a guest, but I figured I should just make an account.
I have an HTC Evo 4g LTE. My phone died (battery ran out), I plugged it in a couple hours later and turned it on. It booted up normally, until it got to a black screen with the error message "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" and gave me an option to send or not send an error report. However, upon clicking either of those options, the screen remained black and the error message popped back up, ad infinitum. After letting it sit for a while, thinking it might just be having a slow start, my wallpaper came up but literally nothing else, the error message still popped up, as well as the error message "System UI has stopped unexpectedly." I've tried restarting a couple of times, with the same result each time. Is this something fixable, or am going to have to go to Sprint and have them factory reset it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 06-25-2014, 11:44 PM #2
Re: System UI and Android process crashing
Welcome to Android Central! I can't remember if I replied to your guest post, but power the phone down and let it sit, plugged into a wall outlet, for maybe 10-12 hrs, undisturbed. Then try powering on again. If it still freaks out, power down and remove any SD card you might have inserted, and power up again. A corrupt SD card could possibly cause glitches.
- By VDub2174 in forum Android 5.0 LollipopReplies: 119Last Post: 11-28-2014, 04:32 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2014, 02:38 AM
- By ShoelerDroid in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 06-26-2014, 07:45 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 12:00 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM