Samsung Galaxy Core doesn't start up

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core that is about half a year old with an 8GB microSD in it

My Phone was almost out of battery power when I was away from home.
When I came home an hour later, I noticed my Phone was turned off. I thought this was because the battery was empty.
I connected my Phone with my USB cable to my laptop to charge it. After it had charged for a minute I needed to use my Phone.
Because you can't start up the Phone while it is charging I deconnected it. 10 seconds later I turned it on. 10 seconds later again I connected it again (while booting) to my laptop so it could continue charging. I went away to drink something, and 10 minutes later I came back.
But then I noticed that my Phone was still showing the starting screen with the glowing SAMSUNG logo.

I decided to disconnect the charger again. After that I removed the battery for 10 seconds. Then I turned it on again and connected it to my USB charger because I wasn't sure how much battery was left. Again it froze on the glowing samsung screen.

I tried again removing the battery and then turning my Phone again, without connecting it to my laptop. Again it froze at this glowing samsung screen.

I don't know what to do now. I would be really sad if i lose all my data by an factory reset or something like that. But I also don't know if it is possible to do a factory reset when the Phone is off.

Anyone have any idea's about what I should do now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd leave it plugged into a wall outlet for a good 12 hours or so without disturbing it, then try to power it up again. If you still get stuck, try removing the SD card and then reboot again, since a corrupt card can cause problems as well. Also consider trying a new battery because the current battery might have failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt