Can you unroot a S5?
I have a U.S. Cellular s5. If I root it, I am not allowed to do FOTA anytime an update is released correct? Also is there an easy way to unroot, then reroot after the FOTA updates are handled?
My main reason for root is to disable the tethering hold. So I can tether with my s5.
- 08-31-2014, 01:09 AM #2
Re: Can you unroot a S5?
When you root, typically there is a superuser app installed. With that app, you can unroot. I have seen times where it doesn't fully unroot, in which case, you would probably need to reflash a stock ROM. Rerooting might require waiting for the development community to figure out a new way to root, if the update breaks it (which it probably will).
- By batlash in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM
- By ShaggyKids in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 6Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:13 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 04:18 PM
- By mkchillin in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2014, 02:18 PM
- By mkchillin in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2014, 02:17 PM