us cellular galaxy s5 time/weather

A

AC Question

First smart phone - certainly smarter than I am...
I have accidentally deleted my (default) time / weather from home screen. I have read many instructions on how to get this back, but am unable to located files referenced. Can you 'walk' me through finding / installing?
Also, can you recommend a reliable website for checking out apps and the "junk" they may carry? A "friend" picked up my phone and now there is all kinds of additional "stuff" on it. I have since added security to unlock phone. UGH.
Thank you in advance!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! The clock/weather on the homescreen is a widget, which can be added back easily. Follow the steps described in this article to add a widget--you should be able to find the widget easily when you get to the selection screen: How to move icons, make folders, and adjust Home screen widgets on the Samsung Galaxy S5 | Android Central

In terms of avoiding apps that carry adware and other undesirable junk, here are some tips:
  1. Install apps only from reputable sources like Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore. Avoid downloading .apk installer files directly from filesharing sites, because there's a much higher chance of malware, and besides, those apps are probably pirated.
  2. Before installing an app from Google Play, read some of the reivews, and pay attention to the low star reviews. Do people complain about unwanted adware? If so, then avoid.
  3. Security/antivirus apps are reasonable to use, although for detecting malware, they are becoming somewhat superfluous, since Google has started scanning all apps that are installed on devices. But those security apps often have other useful antitheft features, so they may still be beneficial. Pick one and stick with it--avoid installing more than one security app, because they might conflict, and/or bog down your phone's performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton