Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iOstodroid79

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok All I have ever heard is how much "Better" Android is compared to iOS and honestly as of right now I am convinced that Apple is better. Don't get me wrong I like my new HTC One M8 but the most aggravating thing I have come across with Android is my apps still running even though I close them out from the swipe screen what ever it's called. With Apple all I had to do was double click on the home button and swipe the apps running off the screen and bam that's it the app was closed. But with Android why do I have to go to another area know as app manager and stop them from running? Is there something I am missing? This is something that is making my transition from Apple to Android until the larger iPhone 6 comes out a real pain in the rear end! I know and understand I'm a Newbie but seriously why is that? Any and All Help with this Issue will be much appreciated!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Android works differently than iOS. You can remove them from the app screen but Android will cache them in the background. It does this on purpose.. RAM that sits empty is wasted RAM.

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. A good article to read is linked below. The more Android uses the better. I've never once cared about my RAM and my phones run just fine.. I just close the apps from the recent screen.

http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

iOstodroid79

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that info. Being a Newbie I am learning as I go. I've had my M8 for about a week now and like it a lot. With my iPhone 5 I used a Great Battery app called Battery Life Magic Pro: The Battery saver, after doing some looking around I found Battery Doctor got a lot of good reviews and was told to get Clean Master too are those pointless apps to have and use? After reading that article it seems that way but I figured I would ask. I use Pandora a lot and on my iPhone 5 I noticed it drained my battery fast until I started using that battery app I mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12