Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Uninstall Kitkat Update

A

AC Question

It appears, upon doing some research, that my lovely phone went from being useful to useless about a month ago due to the automatic update to KitKat (Android version 4.4.2). I went from have great signal reception and 0 dropped calls to very sketchy signal reception and TONS of dropped calls. So, I'm ready to ditch the Kit!

So how can I uninstall this update and revert back to the previous version? I understand there may have been some glitches in it, but at least under that system I could still get phone calls, make calls, get timely notice of voice mails and text messages, and basically enjoy the benefits of having a high tech phone. I have none of that now!!!!

Can someone please help me? I'm feeling lost and confused and just want my phone to work right again.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try using a PC program called Odin and try to reflash the stock firmware.

A few things to be aware of:
1. You may get prompted to update to KitKat.
2. Samsung may have added conflicting firmwares to prevent from rolling back which may brick the device.

Have you tried a factory reset? Often after a major update like this the framework needs to be rebuilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995