Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Uninstall Kitkat Update
It appears, upon doing some research, that my lovely phone went from being useful to useless about a month ago due to the automatic update to KitKat (Android version 4.4.2). I went from have great signal reception and 0 dropped calls to very sketchy signal reception and TONS of dropped calls. So, I'm ready to ditch the Kit!
So how can I uninstall this update and revert back to the previous version? I understand there may have been some glitches in it, but at least under that system I could still get phone calls, make calls, get timely notice of voice mails and text messages, and basically enjoy the benefits of having a high tech phone. I have none of that now!!!!
Can someone please help me? I'm feeling lost and confused and just want my phone to work right again.
- 09-05-2014, 12:41 AM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Uninstall Kitkat Update
You can try using a PC program called Odin and try to reflash the stock firmware.
A few things to be aware of:
1. You may get prompted to update to KitKat.
2. Samsung may have added conflicting firmwares to prevent from rolling back which may brick the device.
Have you tried a factory reset? Often after a major update like this the framework needs to be rebuilt.
- By zuren in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2014, 11:43 AM
- By Nooblet in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2014, 11:46 AM
- By jeffy141 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 09:13 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM
- By OtherOliver in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM