Lg g2 google keyboard emoji problem..

A

AC Question

Hi so this past sunday I got the LG G2 (upgrading from my iphone4)
I found that the G2 already had a set of stock emoji (justed looked like a tacky rip off of the iphone emojis)
So I got the google keyboard (which should come with the google emoji) However, the emoji option button does not show up EXCEPT when i use google hangout app. Even then, instead of the google emoji showing up, its the tacky stock emoji..
What an I do? Is it just a matter of waiting for google keyboard to update again... or..?

Kevin Plover

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
First off: Emoji isn't something that Apple invented - it's been around for decades - but mostly only in Asia (emoji is japanese for "picture writing character"). It's part of the Unicode standard and has nothing to do with "cheap rip-off" - there are specifics on what the emoji are supposed to look like - so while the artistic style can vary, they have to depict the same things to meet the Unicode standard.

As for your "problem" - to get emoji on the keyboard normally, you'll want to hold down on the "return" key (looks like an angular arrow in the bottom right corner - should be familiar if you have a physical keyboard that has an arrow picture on the Enter/Return key). A pop-up will show a smilie face and "Prev" - you'll want to drag your finger over to the smilie face to view all the different emoji available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez