Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 7 (2012) charging problems

Hi everyone,

I have this nexus 7 ist generation which was bought Dec 2012. Everything was fine until about 2 months ago. It then began to charge more slowly than usual. Next it would only charge to about 38%. Now it won't charge at all. Has there been any official explanation as to why this is happening? I have been forced to purchase a Nexus Dock which people claim will charge through the pogo pins. I hope this works! Is there any official explanation?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can enlighten me as to what exactly is the cause of this charging problem.

Regards,

Cruachan

Default Re: Nexus 7 (2012) charging problems

Could be your USB port is failing? Does it connect to your computer via USB with any troubles?

Otherwise given the age of the device it is possible you could have a battery starting to show its age and nearing the end of its life cycle.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.