my phone reset itself

U

Unregistered

In the middle of the night my phone turned off by itself and when it turned back on everything was deleted, including my passwords and all my information. I am completely PO. Is there a way to get all my stuff back or am I stuck like this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is indeed odd that the phone was wiped by itself.

If you had the option under Settings/Backup & Reset to save/backup your stuff to the related Google account then yes you can get SOME of your stuff back like Contacts,apps installed, various settings and other things.

Only things I can think of that would of caused the device to be wiped would be either some ODD software or hardware related failure that caused this or was your device setup with the option for remote wipe in the event of being stolen?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This is NOT alright.
No, it definitely isn't. Unfortunately, the last thing made by man that had absolutely no flaws was ... er ... umm ... I don't think it's happened yet. Every so often, a computer will go off and do what's called "blue sky" in the industry. That's why Babbage invented backups (or something like that).

Marcelo Medel

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Second time my moto X does this to me....last night wipe out some valuable information along with all my contacts messages my calendar and all of my pictures some with such sentimental value.... I m literally crying.... I hate this phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress