Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default my phone reset itself

In the middle of the night my phone turned off by itself and when it turned back on everything was deleted, including my passwords and all my information. I am completely PO. Is there a way to get all my stuff back or am I stuck like this?

Default Re: my phone reset itself

This is indeed odd that the phone was wiped by itself.

If you had the option under Settings/Backup & Reset to save/backup your stuff to the related Google account then yes you can get SOME of your stuff back like Contacts,apps installed, various settings and other things.

Only things I can think of that would of caused the device to be wiped would be either some ODD software or hardware related failure that caused this or was your device setup with the option for remote wipe in the event of being stolen?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

This happened to me while at work. This is NOT alright.

Global Posts
    9,312 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manos View Post
    This is NOT alright.
    No, it definitely isn't. Unfortunately, the last thing made by man that had absolutely no flaws was ... er ... umm ... I don't think it's happened yet. Every so often, a computer will go off and do what's called "blue sky" in the industry. That's why Babbage invented backups (or something like that).

I swear, completely PO'd too. Come on man!