Self Updating Email Notifications

A

AC Question

Is there a way to get email notifications on my Note 3 to update when I read email on my desktop?

I have three Google Apps email accounts (my school, my personal and my work account). I'm using the K-9 Mail, GMail and Email apps so that I get different notification icons for the areas of my life. The problem is that whenever I am at my desktop and I read my email that none of the notifications get updated even if I swipe/clear the notification on my phone.

For example, I get home from work, I get a notification that I have 30 new emails. I panic, go into my email and see one new email from YouTube about what videos I missed today. The other 29 I answered during the day at work but since I never opened the email app on my phone it thinks I still have those to pay attention to. Even though I swiped the 29 away earlier. I think I've seen an option to mark all as read from the notification but I don't want to do that because I will read them later I just want the notification counter to go back to zero when I swipe.

I am perfectly willing to switch email apps if that functionality exists elsewhere. My only rules are different notifications icons for each account and an option for no unified inbox. (I get why people like that feature... but I don't)

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that for the Gmail app, notifications will disappear if I read the email on my desktop browser. So it might be an issue with those other email apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress