Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Cool LG G3 Overheating?

Hey guys/gals
    just wondering if anyone knows if LG has sorted out the overheating problems that has been reported in the reviews?? im just looking to buy one if they have managed to resolve that.
    thanks for any help

Default Re: LG G3 Overheating?

The last reviews I read, which were yesterday's and today's, it gets warm fairly readily, and hot if you use it for lengthy video shooting, so I guess LG have done all they can. I intend to buy...do you?

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks

thanks for the speedy reply, i was thinking of buying it but i used to own the orignal galaxy note till i smashed the screen thinking of going for the note 3 now just been reading reviews and features on both.

Got the g3 yesterday and it does get warm but that doesn't effect the phones performance at all. However, i thought lg would of sorted this problem out from the lg g2

I've had the G3 for a few days now and it does get hot. Yesterday I want to a concert and was taking video and a message came up on the phone that it was getting too hot or something like that. It didn't save my videos.

Unhappy Re: LG G3 Overheating?

I bought my phone last week and so far it's heating up pretty bad.
    The video recording does heat up the phone pretty quick. 3mins in recording and it's around 70C, and 8mins peaks at 85 Celsius. I also tried to lower the brightness all the way down, and it idles around 49-55C. At 100% is around 60-63C. My device lowers the brightness by itself if it's too hot, roughly at 80-85% brightness, and it lags my phone as well. I was thinking to return my device and replace another one if it'll make any difference since some people aren't having much of an issue, unlike me.

Hi!

I had no problem with overheating untill i installed instagram and followed a bunch of people there.
    It restarted itself due to overheating several times.

You could see what drains power in you battery settings?

evomade.com

I have had a Sprint G3 since day one and have zero heat problems.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

The G3 comes out in canada this Friday. I am deciding between the HTC One M8, the S5, and the G3. My preference at the moment is the G3, but I have been hearing a lot about overheating issues. Would this mean I couldn't get an otterbox for it?

^^^ Thanks for the link.

Since my first post in this thread, I have bought the phone, and owned for several weeks. I've had nothing worse than slight warmth. Some say it gets hot when shooting video but I haven't used mine for that so can't comment.

Wonderful device!

Posted via Android Central App