Sony Xperia M2 - Factory Reset Won't Unencrypt
I'm new to Android and got my new phone last night. When setting my passcode etc I saw the option to encrypt my phone. I didn't see any harm in doing so, even when I saw it would take a factory reset to reverse it. I'd only had the thing 15 minutes, so resetting it wouldn't be the end of the world.
A little later I downloaded the 'Xperia Transfer' app as I was struggling to transfer my contacts etc over from my old handset, only to get a message saying the app won't work as the device is encrypted.
Subsequently, I carried out a factory reset expecting to be back to square one, however it is remembering my settings each time I do this.
Any suggestions how to flatten the phone and start again?
- 08-08-2014, 02:39 AM #2
- 08-27-2014, 04:55 PM #3
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sony Xperia M2 - Factory Reset Won't Unencrypt
I'm also experiencing the same problem. Can't root either because it's encryted so no titanium back up. I'm writing down vital info and taking pics with another phone, pics and vids on the phone are uploading ok to dropbox so I guess I won't lose too much. Want to get my music off as well before I hit the factory reset. Is this phone even rootable yet? I'm only a noob so only just getting to grips with rooting
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 04-29-2016, 12:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:55 PM
- By zaydabarber in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM
- By ouchmyprostate in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:49 PM
- By HawaiiD in forum Sony Xperia Z1sReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:35 PM