Sony Xperia M2 - Factory Reset Won't Unencrypt

A

Asky84

Evening all,

I'm new to Android and got my new phone last night. When setting my passcode etc I saw the option to encrypt my phone. I didn't see any harm in doing so, even when I saw it would take a factory reset to reverse it. I'd only had the thing 15 minutes, so resetting it wouldn't be the end of the world.

A little later I downloaded the 'Xperia Transfer' app as I was struggling to transfer my contacts etc over from my old handset, only to get a message saying the app won't work as the device is encrypted.

Subsequently, I carried out a factory reset expecting to be back to square one, however it is remembering my settings each time I do this.

Any suggestions how to flatten the phone and start again?

Cheers

Jagen

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experiencing the same problem. Can't root either because it's encryted so no titanium back up. I'm writing down vital info and taking pics with another phone, pics and vids on the phone are uploading ok to dropbox so I guess I won't lose too much. Want to get my music off as well before I hit the factory reset. Is this phone even rootable yet? I'm only a noob so only just getting to grips with rooting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10