Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Apps crashing & reboot loop

Hey guys.

I just just got an Galaxy S4 and soon after i got it original apps (touch wiz home, messaging, amazon, etc.) would crash and shut the phone down. It would then restart but only get as far as the verizon logo where it would either stay or shut down again into the dreadful reboot. I have been research and I've cleared the caches, removed my memory card, and even did a factory reset; but all to relief from this annoying problem. It sucks being able to use the phone for a half an hr at a time before things start crashing and i have to pull the battery. Any advice wise ones?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Apps crashing & reboot loop

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hey guys.

I just just got an Galaxy S4 and soon after i got it original apps (touch wiz home, messaging, amazon, etc.) would crash and shut the phone down. It would then restart but only get as far as the verizon logo where it would either stay or shut down again into the dreadful reboot. I have been research and I've cleared the caches, removed my memory card, and even did a factory reset; but all to relief from this annoying problem. It sucks being able to use the phone for a half an hr at a time before things start crashing and i have to pull the battery. Any advice wise ones?
    Well, that's a horrible condition you are going through ! What you can do is completely wipe out all ...... yes do make a backup of your data before preceding with it. Head over to the sammobile/firmware section download the appropriate stock ROM available for your device i.e. according to the region or the vendor..... !! Once you get the stock ROM head over to the Google Search for the latest version of ODIN, download it use the ODIN to flash the stock ROM which you have just downloaded from the sammobile once the flashing process completes wait a while until your device gets restarted. I am sure most of the problem you are currently experience is completely going to be vanished !! Let me know if you further experience any difficulties.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I have looked on sammobile and cannot seem to find the united states\verizon stock ROM, any pointers for me about where to find such a thing? I've searched by model # but nothing is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, that's a horrible condition you are going through ! What you can do is completely wipe out all ...... yes do make a backup of your data before preceding with it. Head over to the sammobile/firmware section download the appropriate stock ROM available for your device i.e. according to the region or the vendor..... !! Once you get the stock ROM head over to the Google Search for the latest version of ODIN, download it use the ODIN to flash the stock ROM which you have just downloaded from the sammobile once the flashing process completes wait a while until your device gets restarted. I am sure most of the problem you are currently experience is completely going to be vanished !! Let me know if you further experience any difficulties.

So should i factory reset before i update the firmware or just cache partition?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garrett411 View Post
    So should i factory reset before i update the firmware or just cache partition?
    Well, move with resetting the cache partition that would be just fine !!