Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone issues

Hi I have been using as a Samsung S3 which I loved it was very quick and never had an issue with it until recently when the battery life was a lot shorter. So I purchased a song Xperia e, which I had to due to cost issues. I am so not happy with the device it is so slow and sluggish it takes a while for the icons to appear, it also takes ages for the apps to open or for me to type a message etc. I have been looking at rooting the device in the hope that it will help but I have not done anything like that before so don't know really where to start and what to do and also if it will make any difference!! If there is anyone out there that can offer me any advice, tips etc, please please let me know.

Default Re: Phone issues

I think that sloth will be due to processor speed and RAM, and you can't change those.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you belodion I must admit I am regretting changing from my samsung. Do you know of a samsung device that is a cheap ish but will do a better job than this sony? I really appreciate your feedback.

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sarwen28 View Post
    Thank you belodion I must admit I am regretting changing from my samsung. Do you know of a samsung device that is a cheap ish but will do a better job than this sony? I really appreciate your feedback.
    You could try to buy a new or extended battery for the S3 instead of getting a cheaper slower phone.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi I have found an app called greenify will that help me also I need to seek some advice on rooting my sony? I have rooted an Iphone before is it an easy process and also will it help at all?

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Hi I have found an app called greenify will that help me also I need to seek some advice on rooting my sony? I have rooted an Iphone before is it an easy process and also will it help at all?
    You mean jailbreak? :|

Anyways, what exactly are you planning to do with root? Are you going to remove system apps?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    18,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

A new or extended battery is probably a good idea.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Wizzrah that is what I was thinking of doing I just need to free up some space on the phone memory I have been using an app called du speed booster but that just seems to drain the battery so I found an app called greenify but not sure how it works on an unrooted phone hence another reason to root. Also I love being able to change things on a device to suit my usage

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Wizzrah that is what I was thinking of doing I just need to free up some space on the phone memory I have been using an app called du speed booster but that just seems to drain the battery so I found an app called greenify but not sure how it works on an unrooted phone hence another reason to root. Also I love being able to change things on a device to suit my usage
    It seems people are using Framaroot to root the Xperia E.
    http://www.theandroidcop.com/how-to-root-sony-xperia-e/

I agree with wizzrah and Golfdriver97 about the battery, then if you can restore your S3 to useful life, you'll be free to do the rooting thing with the E.

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thank you all for your feedback and help I was just wondering what would be the best handset to get under £150 I use viber a lot emails games camera etc, would really appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.