Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Galaxy note 3 always 'Location unavailable'

I have a (rooted) Samsung Galaxy note 3 which I was very happy with - everything functioned as it should, until making the stupid mistake of following some advice on a forum, which I've since learned was very bad advice: to clear the data and cache of the Google Services Framework app. Clearing the data and cache certainly resolved the problem (couldn't connect to Google Play Store), but little did I know how many more problems it would cause down the line.
    Both Android Device Manager and Lookout cannot find my device at all, even though both apps used to work fine.
    I have tried EVERYTHING to make them work again, but nothing seems to even look like it has any effect.
    I have checked all of the Google settings for location reporting, resetting password etc, deselecting 'Allow remote lock & erase' and clearing data and cache in Google Play Services then re-enabling it, followed by a reboot (about 10 times in the past 24 hours), ALL had no effect. ALWAYS "Location unavailable", even though I can ring the device from ADM (and in Lookout - make it 'Scream') from a web browser on any computer.

Is there a solution to this problem other than a factory reset and reinstalling- rooting everything from scratch again?

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Default Re: Galaxy note 3 always 'Location unavailable'

Well, good news and bad news the good one, you're not alone in this, the bad one, there is no solution. I wasted 5 days reading and searching everywhere for exactly the same issue and nobody knows. I also cleared the cache and did everything I found as advice but for nothing. I have Xperia U Gingerbread (unrooted) and my location on g+ worked just fine until some days ago. My friends are ok on my map (just now for them) but me I can't get even refresh. It makes its refresh but I don't know when or why and it's very rarely (hours or more). And my Trustgo and Android Device Manager can't locate my device also. That means the servers cannot locate/see the phone even though there is internet connection. There's nothing we can do more than have the right settings (location sharing ON) and internet connection. Factory reset, settings reset, clearing cache or all that don't do any good. I even logged in from another device (Samsung tablet). Still location unavailable. So the settings associated with the account are blocked or something.
    If I'll find anything I'll get back.
    Last edited by ghencea; 07-19-2014 at 04:53 AM.