"Internet" app has redirect malware, how do I...

A

AC Question

I had miss-typed (I guess) a web address and my native Internet app came up with one of those malware redirect messages, "horny" something. It is stuck on that page that says, "click here", and I can't shut that page. I can't stop the app since I can't find it on the apps page. Powering down hasn't helped, and when I try to buy an upgraded version of Norton, I get an "error has occurred try later" message. The lite version doesn't do anything.

How do I stop that app and restart it?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I had miss-typed (I guess) a web address and my native Internet app came up with one of those malware redirect messages, "horny" something. It is stuck on that page that says, "click here", and I can't shut that page. I can't stop the app since I can't find it on the apps page. Powering down hasn't helped, and when I try to buy an upgraded version of Norton, I get an "error has occurred try later" message. The lite version doesn't do anything.

How do I stop that app and restart it?
Hello.
So you went to settings>apps> and couldn't find the app? You might want to try an app manager from the play store or see if an app like Clean Master can fix your problem.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

pamrr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Wizzrah. I created an account to respond to you...I am the Guest who asked the question. After I made sure my security software was up-to-date and running, I got the bright idea to use my *device's* back button to get out of that redirect page, where I was locked up.

The "Internet" is the device's native gateway, and I think that is why it isn't obvious on the App list.

Thanks again for your speedy response!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Wizzrah. I created an account to respond to you...I am the Guest who asked the question. After I made sure my security software was up-to-date and running, I got the bright idea to use my *device's* back button to get out of that redirect page, where I was locked up.

The "Internet" is the device's native gateway, and I think that is why it isn't obvious on the App list.

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Alrighty then. Let us know if you have any more questions.