"Internet" app has redirect malware, how do I...
I had miss-typed (I guess) a web address and my native Internet app came up with one of those malware redirect messages, "horny" something. It is stuck on that page that says, "click here", and I can't shut that page. I can't stop the app since I can't find it on the apps page. Powering down hasn't helped, and when I try to buy an upgraded version of Norton, I get an "error has occurred try later" message. The lite version doesn't do anything.
How do I stop that app and restart it?
- 06-27-2014, 08:18 AM #2I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
- 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: "Internet" app has redirect malware, how do I...
Thanks, Wizzrah. I created an account to respond to you...I am the Guest who asked the question. After I made sure my security software was up-to-date and running, I got the bright idea to use my *device's* back button to get out of that redirect page, where I was locked up.
The "Internet" is the device's native gateway, and I think that is why it isn't obvious on the App list.
Thanks again for your speedy response!
- 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM #4
- 06-27-2014, 12:35 PM #5
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 06-30-2014, 01:32 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2014, 03:19 AM
- By sanyok7734 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2014, 08:47 AM
- By Jane Smith4 in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2014, 07:45 AM