Samsung Galaxy s3 - broken screen

A

AC Question

This is a tricky one to explain - basically I dropped my phone and it smashed the bottom of the screen (not the problem) - then a couple weeks later I noticed that my phone was overheating. One night I was just playing temple run, as you do, and my phone over heated and the screen cracked by itself at the top of the screen, I got glass in my eye, really sore. Then all of a sudden this little blue circle appeared where it had cracked by itself, I soon noticed that on a white background it was like a rainbow and faded out to red, within a couple weeks (now) its expanded to the size of my screen and lowered the contrast making it impossible to see anything at the centre of the circle and it keeps getting bigger.

what is this and is it worth getting fixed?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is a tricky one to explain - basically I dropped my phone and it smashed the bottom of the screen (not the problem) - then a couple weeks later I noticed that my phone was overheating. One night I was just playing temple run, as you do, and my phone over heated and the screen cracked by itself at the top of the screen, I got glass in my eye, really sore. Then all of a sudden this little blue circle appeared where it had cracked by itself, I soon noticed that on a white background it was like a rainbow and faded out to red, within a couple weeks (now) its expanded to the size of my screen and lowered the contrast making it impossible to see anything at the centre of the circle and it keeps getting bigger.

what is this and is it worth getting fixed?
The screen needs to be replaced. If you care to fix it then go ahead. Otherwise, if you are due for an upgrade (considering you are open to purchasing a subsidized device) then go that route and get a new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa