Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default What sd card can I use for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? And what can I store on it?

I am a complete technology dunce so please keep the language as basic as possible please.
    My s4 mini has just 8gb of memory so I brought a 64gb micro sd card. The main reasons I want my memory is for my music and so I can have more applications on my phone.
    I use spotify premium for my music but this doesn't appear to download to the sd card so I'm now out of memory.
    I have got photos storing to the sd now which was easy to set up (it came up immediately and I only needed to select ok).
    I found the settings for my spotify app put the 'move to sd card' option is blocked. Is this a handset thing or am I being really thick.
    I can't work out how to store ANY applications to the sd card to be honest.

Any help/ideas?

Default Re: What sd card can I use for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? And what can I store on it?

Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! The external microSD card is primarily used for storage of media files. Some devices allow you to move a portion of an app to the external SD card, but not all--and it can also depend on the app. This is why it is always a good idea to get a device with as much internal storage as you can afford, instead of relying on a microSD card. See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings