Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus connect to s2 WiFi hotspot

Hi, I use a nexus 10 and a Samsung galaxy s2. Until recently I was able to use tethering on the s2 to provide WiFi for the nexus, however recently it has stopped working. I can get the nexus to connectto the phone's wifi but it won't provide an internet connection. If I drag the top right corner down on the nexus, the WiFi symbol shows excellent connection, but the graphic is red instead of white.

I've tried connecting a laptop to my phone WiFi hotspot, and that states Limited Connectivity, hence problem is clearly on the phone.

It is running android 2.3.4, and always has done. I have tried changing the hotspot config to add/remove security, but no change.

Stuck!! Any help appreciated.

Default Re: nexus connect to s2 WiFi hotspot

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2..

Also try modifying your hotspot setup, and perhaps change the security to some other protocol.