- 2 Posts
nexus connect to s2 WiFi hotspot
Hi, I use a nexus 10 and a Samsung galaxy s2. Until recently I was able to use tethering on the s2 to provide WiFi for the nexus, however recently it has stopped working. I can get the nexus to connectto the phone's wifi but it won't provide an internet connection. If I drag the top right corner down on the nexus, the WiFi symbol shows excellent connection, but the graphic is red instead of white.
I've tried connecting a laptop to my phone WiFi hotspot, and that states Limited Connectivity, hence problem is clearly on the phone.
It is running android 2.3.4, and always has done. I have tried changing the hotspot config to add/remove security, but no change.
Stuck!! Any help appreciated.
- 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM #2
Re: nexus connect to s2 WiFi hotspot
Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2..
Also try modifying your hotspot setup, and perhaps change the security to some other protocol.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 01:06 AM
- By Shilohcane in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 22Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2014, 04:08 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 01:37 PM
- By HarbingerME2 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 01:20 PM