cmaera only record 30 seconds

A

AC Question

i am wondering why i can only record 30 seconds of video i have an lg optimus S. has a 16 gig card in it, so i shhould have plenty of room. the phone isnt worth much i was just wanting to use it to record skateboarding, but 30 seconds isnt enough. i know how to install CWM and flash roms, so i f there is an answer the i would do that. i just need to know if there is any way i can fix it

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a total answer for you but I remember reading somewhere that there is an artificial limitation imposed on recording in either one of two places.

The first thing is to try to not record to the SDcard. I have a feeling that it comes down to the way that is handled (either not enough buffer or it cuts you off so you do not chew up space). Try recording directly to the internal memory then moving it to the sdcard.

If that does not solve the issue, then it is the OEM limitation. You can get around it by rooting and editing the build.prop (or something like that). I am hazy on how to accomplish that so you will have to look into it. Check the forum for your phone over on XDA and they might have a better solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2