Cubot GT90 constantly roaming (not mobile data)

henryk812

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

We have had a mast issue in our area which is now resolved and have our signal back. However my new Cubot GT90 refuses to believe this and is constantly roaming with the signal when all other phones have full signal. Our family all are on Orange, bar one who is on EE. I've disabled all the data roaming stuff but this still persists and it is signal roaming. And I have tried the sim in my old sony xperia J and my old Nokia brick and the signal in them is full. Can anyone help?

Henry

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Airplane shuts down all radios: cell, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC.

Just go into airplane, wait a minute and turn airplane off. (It's just a convience over having to shut down cellular radio individually.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Really all you need is airplane mode on (shuts off all radios) then airplane mode off (returns all radios to how they were - i.e. if cell radio is normally on it will go on, if Bluetooth is normally off it will stay off, but now you COULD toggle it on and off).

henryk812

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Really all you need is airplane mode on (shuts off all radios) then airplane mode off (returns all radios to how they were - i.e. if cell radio is normally on it will go on, if Bluetooth is normally off it will stay off, but now you COULD toggle it on and off).

Done it and naff all has changed, its exactly the same the signal as it was before I did this :/

Signal came good for ten seconds, went down again and back came the roaming R

Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay it got a bit better but having the same issue and that stupid R is still there? Is my phone just screwed?

I'm not familiar at all with a Cubot phone. I did see your carrier is Orange, yes? (It looks like the EE carrier is someone else's phone?) That is in the UK correct?

Any chance they refarmed your frequencies to make room for LTE?

Your 3G radio looks to only have 2 frequencies on it (2G has 4) and that might be the issue...

henryk812

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar at all with a Cubot phone. I did see your carrier is Orange, yes? (It looks like the EE carrier is someone else's phone?) That is in the UK correct?

Any chance they refarmed your frequencies to make room for LTE?

Your 3G radio looks to only have 2 frequencies on it (2G has 4) and that might be the issue...

Yes it is Orange, the EE carrier is my mum who switched from Orange to EE on a different contract earlier this year, yes we are in the UK hmm don't think so as up until the mast failure all was fine with my signal (its defo the phone) and right how can it be resolved?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At this point I'd check with the carrier. Do they have a local store that might know about the mast issue?

My info shows me a mismatch between 3G radio and carrier frequencies. Only one matches and 3G uses two frequencies for uplink/downlink.

henryk812

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
At this point I'd check with the carrier. Do they have a local store that might know about the mast issue?

My info shows me a mismatch between 3G radio and carrier frequencies. Only one matches and 3G uses two frequencies for uplink/downlink.

I rang about the mast issue the other day and they said it would be fixed which it now is, hmm so what can I do about this mismatch?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask them specifically what frequencies are needed for 3G on their network. Ask them if it has changed recently.

Your 3G radio needs WCDMA 850/2100MHZ. If there is a mismatch, you can't do anything... If there are some settings that need to be redone, they will help you do them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy