Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1: Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

A

AC Question

This is very aggravating. I believe I've had my tablet a little over a year, I can't even remember where I bought it from. A couple of weeks ago, I got a message to upgrade firmware so I did and then the troubles began. Every few minutes I got that popup telling me com.google.process.gapps has stopped. It has basically been unusable. Finally I spent forever taking nearly everything off the tablet, and what I couldn't remove I disabled. This device is not rooted.

I keep getting firmware upgrade notices, even immediately after I upgrade. I just upgraded twice in a row. I hoped it would include a fix for the gapps problem but in fact it was the first thing on my screen.

I have googled the problem and I see it's very common, but everybody seems to have their own fix. I've seen it blamed on Swiftkey, Calendar, all sorts of things. I can't spend multiple days figuring this out. How do I get rid of this window once and for all????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63