Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Broken screen HTC Evo 4G LTE Screen and/or digitizer?

Hi, everyone.

I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but I want to be sure I order the proper materials before trying to reconstruct my phone.

About two months ago, my Evo fell out of my pocket and hit the ground pretty hard. The glass has cracks everywhere in it, ranging from the softkeys at the bottom all the way across the HTC logo at the top. I can still use the phone with almost no issues. Every part of the screen lights up and responds to touch gestures. Other than its appearance, it works pretty well. The cracks are definitely annoying and I feel $150 for Sprint's deductible is nearly pointless since the contract is almost up, so I plan to fix it myself.

My main question is this: Since the screen still works and responds to touch, am I correct in assuming I just need the screen, not the digitizer as well? Going along with that, I've heard that even if the digitzer works, it's often better to replace both since just replacing the glass is tricky and even trickier to make it look right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Broken screen HTC Evo 4G LTE Screen and/or digitizer?

I believe that it's difficult to separate the glass from the digitiser. The other day I was told of someone who tried this on a Nokia and when he'd finished the job, there was no touch response, phone unusable.

Posted via Android Central App