Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Apex AP-7S118 - Brick

I have spent the day with my daughters Apex tablet, pulling my hair out trying to get it out of the bootloop. I have tried the key combo, to no avail (yes, it's the right sequence, direct from tmax) I have attempted to root the unit to gain access using motochopper, but I am met with 'read only' errors. I get the same problem with Multi Tools when I try to wipe data. I have set up an SD card with the uberoid v12, but alas, without superuser access, and the boot loader, I can not get access to reload. Any ideas before I take this cheap thing out in the street and bash it with a hammer?

Default Re: Apex AP-7S118 - Brick

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have spent the day with my daughters Apex tablet, pulling my hair out trying to get it out of the bootloop. I have tried the key combo, to no avail (yes, it's the right sequence, direct from tmax) I have attempted to root the unit to gain access using motochopper, but I am met with 'read only' errors. I get the same problem with Multi Tools when I try to wipe data. I have set up an SD card with the uberoid v12, but alas, without superuser access, and the boot loader, I can not get access to reload. Any ideas before I take this cheap thing out in the street and bash it with a hammer?
    So is the button push you tried Volume Up + Power? That should get you into Recovery options...

You also mentioned motochopper - are you able to access the device via ADB? Send adb reboot recovery via command or terminal?
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S