How to change owner on Nexus 7 if you don't know the password
As the title says, I need to change owner on a Nexus 7 after buying a second hand one. Bit I don't know the password.
Every time I try to go on the internet i keep being asked for the password, which of course I don't know and can't get. I have added myself as an additional user, so now I can hop on the net, but as I am still not the 'owner' of the device, there are a lot of settings I can't change.
I also can't do a full factory re-set as there are some pdf file on there which are the only copy that I have & I can't get them off. They are the only files I am bothered about though, so if I could find a way to get them off........
Thanks very much.
- 06-28-2014, 03:38 PM #2
Re: How to change owner on Nexus 7 if you don't know the password
Do you have a PC to store the PDF's on? Try using Airdroid https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...airdroid&hl=en to get the files you want saved off the N7 to a PC. Then factory reset. After you go through setup, use Airdroid to restore the files you want.Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim
Windows Central Senior Ambassador
Mobile Nations Devotee
- By ChristoffM in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2014, 03:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2014, 10:53 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:21 AM
- By mado1999 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:08 AM
- By LowIQ in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2014, 07:24 PM