Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How to change owner on Nexus 7 if you don't know the password

As the title says, I need to change owner on a Nexus 7 after buying a second hand one. Bit I don't know the password.
    Every time I try to go on the internet i keep being asked for the password, which of course I don't know and can't get. I have added myself as an additional user, so now I can hop on the net, but as I am still not the 'owner' of the device, there are a lot of settings I can't change.

I also can't do a full factory re-set as there are some pdf file on there which are the only copy that I have & I can't get them off. They are the only files I am bothered about though, so if I could find a way to get them off........

Thanks very much.

Default Re: How to change owner on Nexus 7 if you don't know the password

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    As the title says, I need to change owner on a Nexus 7 after buying a second hand one. Bit I don't know the password.
    Every time I try to go on the internet i keep being asked for the password, which of course I don't know and can't get. I have added myself as an additional user, so now I can hop on the net, but as I am still not the 'owner' of the device, there are a lot of settings I can't change.

I also can't do a full factory re-set as there are some pdf file on there which are the only copy that I have & I can't get them off. They are the only files I am bothered about though, so if I could find a way to get them off........

Thanks very much.
    OK... Shame on the seller for not doing a factory reset before handing the device over.

Do you have a PC to store the PDF's on? Try using Airdroid https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...airdroid&hl=en to get the files you want saved off the N7 to a PC. Then factory reset. After you go through setup, use Airdroid to restore the files you want.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee